Skip to content
- Your argumentative essay will need to be between four (full) to six pages in length.
- You must address a debatable ethical issue that has at least two sides (email me for topics)
- Effectively address the rhetorical situation – audience, purpose, context
- articulate a clear position regarding the issue and argue that position with logical reasons
- adequately develop the argument using credible support (research)
- acknowledge the opposing viewpoints and employ counterargument or concession
- identify and explain the assumptions, contexts, and consequences of the various positions.
- Utilize at least 5 credible sources – from scholarly databases, books, etc. (no google or dot com sources)
- MLA formatting