According to the textbook,from West Africa to Appomattox, the journey of the African living in Americahas been fraught with disappointment and misery. However, there has always beena glimmer of hope that America and its citizens would live up to the principlesupon which the nation was founded.
Use the Internet toresearch events between 1619−1860 that relate to the legal limitations of bothenslaved and free Africans on American soil.
Write a five (5) pagepaper in which you:
• Explain the principal manner in which the survival ofAfrican-Americans from colonial through Civil War times is inextricably rootedin West African traditions. Support your response with at least two (2) aspectsof African culture that had survived and manifested themselves in the dailylives of both free and enslaved African-Americans.
• Investigate at least two (2) events between 1619‒1860 thatdemonstrate the ability of enslaved and free African-Americans to overcome thelegal limitations on their claims to dignity and self-respect. Provide yourrationale for selecting the two (2) events in question.
• Examine the manner in which your two (2) chosen events showcasethe ability of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence to live upto their promises. Include specific examples from both documents that reinforceyour argument.
• Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Explain why IT projects (such as Web site development or redesign) are less likely to be delivered on time and within budget than large building construction projects.
Include a discussion of how project management software can help IT project managers achieve their goals
The destination is Orlando. The bullet I need completed is bullet one ONLY with references. 5 slides at least please with some foot notes. Must pass turn it in. No more than 5% similar
Select a destination city (e.g. San Diego, New York City, Orlando, New Orleans, your choice). Be sure to obtain your instructor’s approval of your city before beginning this assignment. Prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation with speaker’s notes in which you describe how your selected destination city competes in the world market to attract visitors. In your presentation be sure to address the following:
1. Identify the business segments of the hospitality industry that exist within your selected city.********
2. Identify which segments are the most active in your selected city.
3. Examine the relationship among the different hospitality business segments. Do the different business segments within your selected city support one another? If so, how? If not, should they? Support your conclusion with real-world examples.
Water is a metaphor for life; it is also a crucial ingredient to the emergence of civilization. First, review the Managing Water in the Ancient World presentation. Then, pick one of the following civilizations: Egypt, Mesopotamia, Achaemenid Empire, Roman Empire, Mayan Empire, Han Empire, or Hohokam Civilization.
Write an initial post of at least 300 words that addresses these issues:
- How did this society attempt to secure a fresh water source?
- How did the nature of the water supply itself condition the strategy this society chose?
- What resources, labor, and materials were required to build and maintain the tools or techniques required by the strategy?
- What side effects or potential problems arose as this society developed, established, expanded, or maintained this water supply strategy?
- Why do you think this water management strategy was effective or ultimately ineffective?
You are thedirector of health information services at a medium-size health care facilityproviding general, emergency, and pediatric care. Because of downsizing and consolidation ofmanagerial functions, you are also responsible for staff education in yourfacility. Discuss how you wouldstructure and present an in-service program to staff members of variousdepartments that addresses confidentiality policies and procedures of yourfacility, and the legal bases underlying these policies and procedures.
How are problems routinely solved in organizations?
Looking for a simple answer in about 125 or so words please
Write a java program that will produce the output formatted as shown in the posted pdf “p3-results.pdf” (results for the run with 2000.txt). I have provided two data files to test with. The program will prompt user with a joption pane dialog box to enter the name of the file to run. Note that your name is to appear in the title bar, and there is no icon.
You are to read the file only one time when you run the program. Use File Reader/BufferedReader.
Do not use any error handling (no try/catch statements). Specifically, if an incorrect file name is entered the program should crash.
The records in each of the test files contain information other than the names. The only thing you are interested in is the names, so disregard everything else.
The layout and formatting of the output is to be exactly the same as the example provided including the dash lines at the top and bottom, and between the different sections of the report, as well as the headings.
The sections are:
1. File information (a) file name (b) number of records
2. Frequency by letter order (a) sequential number for each item (b) letter representing the first character (c) count of names that begin with that letter (d) bar chart showing one ‘*’ for each 500 occurrences.
3. Frequency by count order (descending) (a) sequential number for each item (b) letter representing the first character of the name (c) count of names that begin with that letter (c) bar chart chowing one ‘*’ for each 500 occurrences.
4. Frequency by name length (a) length (number of letters in the name). (b) count of names with that length. (c) bar chart showing one ‘*’ for each 500 occurrences.
In preparation for discussing the importance of critical thinking skills, please read Chapters 1 through 3 of Think Smarter: Critical Thinking to Improve Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills
, as well as the following articles: “Critical Thinking and the Challenges of Internet,” “Common Misconceptions of Critical Thinking.”Reflect:
Critical thinking gets you involved in a dialogue with the ideas you read from others in this class. To be a critical thinker, you need to be able to summarize, analyze, hypothesize, and evaluate the new information that you encounter. Write:
For this discussion
- Define, describe, and explain the principles of critical thinking.
- Search the Internet, media, or the Ashford University Library, and find an example of good, careful (critical) thinking, and explain why you think it exemplifies strong critical thinking skills. Post a link or reference information for that source, describe the content, and explain how it is a good example of critical thinking.
- Search the Internet, media, or the Ashford University Library and find an example that lacks good, careful (critical thinking). Post a link or reference information for that source, describe the content, and explain why you think it demonstrates poor critical thinking skills.
- Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length
The HealthcareEffectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) is one of the mostwidely used sets of health care performance measure in the United States. Theterm “HEDIS” originated in the late 1980s as the product of a group offorward-thinking employers and quality experts, and was entrusted to NCQA inthe early 1990s. The NCQAmeasurement development process has expanded the size and scope ofHEDIS to include measures for physicians, PPOs and other organizations. Thisdata is collected via the HEDISData Submission (HOQ and IDSS) System.
- Choosetwo HEDIS® measures that must beimplemented in a physician practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Describethe sources of data needed to conduct the two measures.
- Usingone of the quality improvement models (Lean, PDSA, or Six Sigma), explainhow you would use the model to implement the two chosen HEDIS® Measures.
Here are my two choices:
c. Current smokers seen by a physician during the year whowere advised to quit, and cessation medications were recommended and discussed.Different cessation methods were discussed.
d. Patients between the ages of 3-17 who had been examinedfor body mass index (BMI, received counseling on nutrition. Counseling orreferral for physical activity or indication physical activity was addressedduring an outpatient visit either by a claim or as a medical record entryduring the measurement year.
Your initial post should be 250-300 words and utilize atleast two scholarly sources
Paradigms of Language (1 of 1)
After completing the Reading for this unit, identify and define at least three key terms used within the field of genetics. After defining your terms of choice, discuss how the authors Haworth, Kovas et al. (2009) explain how genes impact learning disabilities. Based on the research by the authors Plomin and Kovas (2005), how do genes impact learning disabilities and reading? Why are there differences between genes that affect learning disabilities and the genes that affect normal variation in learning abilities?