Help me study for my Psychology class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Graduate level writing
The length of this assignment should be 6 or more pages plus Title and reference page. ***Worksheet not included in page count***
6 or more sources that are scholarly and illustrate a high degree of research and technical expertise.
Create a defined and clear understanding explaining all goal-setting categories and design a comprehensive goal setting program, including detailed and clearly defined strengths and weaknesses. Dream goal is clear, substantive, and well explained with short-term goals leading to long-term goals.
Key components of a successful goal-setting strategy include goals that are:
Specific, short-term leading to long-term, measurable, participative, attainable, realistic and timely.
Of particular importance is the ability to set very specific short-term goals that lead directly to either intermediate or long-term goals; and these short-term goals must be measurable. Learning is measured, achieved, and believed through a systematic program of progressions, short-term goals. Failure to learn is often the result of not understanding this requirement and establishing correct short-term goals. In addition, there are many personal and situational factors that can and will influence/shape goal achievement and learning, such as, self-talk, analysis of outcome and feedback
In this assignment, you are asked to complete the Goal-setting worksheet beginning with:
- Addressing each personal and situational factor as it relates to your athlete.
- Filling out your long-term goal and working backwards.
- Next, two intermediate goals and identify how you will assess their attainment
- Now complete three short-term goals for each intermediate goal and again included assessments for each short-term goal
- Focus on one or two short-term goals and complete the factors shaping performance, both intrinsic and extrinsic. What you need to included here are statements about the individual and situation. In some cases, you will have to “best guess” for now. The idea is, by reflecting on each component, you gain an understanding of how each could influence your ability to help an athlete create an effective goal-setting strategy.
Short-term leading to Long-term
What is the desired result? (who, what, when, why, how)
How can you quantify (numerically or descriptively) completion?
How can you measure progress?
What skills are needed?
What resources are necessary?
Are you prepared to make the commitments necessary in order to achieve
You should shoot for the moon but does the goal violate any physical laws of time or space
What is the date you will achieve?