Choose an industry you have not yet written about in thiscourse, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research thecompany on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and ExchangeCommission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University’sonline databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report willoften provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write an eight (8) pagepaper in which you:
• Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment thatwould rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess howthese segments affect the corporation you chose and the industry in which itoperates.
• Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two(2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose.Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two (2) forces in the recentpast.
• With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the companymight do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
• Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and theopportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how thecorporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatestopportunity. Justify your answer.
• Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths andmost significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic thecorporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and thestrategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significantweakness. Justify your choices.
• Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and corecompetencies.
• Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they cancreate value using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussedabove.
• Use at least three (3) quality references. Note:Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment mustfollow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12),with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specificformat. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover pagecontaining the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’sname, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page arenot included in the required page length.