Imagine that a software development company has just appointed you tolead a risk assessment project. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) ofthe organization has seen reports of malicious activity on the rise andhas become extremely concerned with the protection of the intellectualproperty and highly sensitive data maintained by your organization. TheCIO has asked you to prepare a short document before your team beginsworking. She would like for you to provide an overview of what the term“risk appetite” means and a suggested process for determining the riskappetite for the company. Also, she would like for you to provide someinformation about the method(s) you intend to use in performing a riskassessment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the term “risk appetite”. Then, suggest at least one (1) practical example in which it applies.
- Recommend the key method(s) for determining the risk appetite of the company.
- Describe the process of performing a risk assessment.
- Elaborate on the approach you will use when performing the risk assessment.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APAor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The cover page and the reference page are not included in the requiredassignment page length.