Job Analysis and Job Description
1. Compare two (2) job positions from the episode (state episode) and perform a job analysis of each position.
2. Describe your method of collecting the information for the job analysis (i.e., one-on-one, interview, survey, etc.).
3. Create a job description from the job analysis.
4. Justify beliefs that the job analysis and job description are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
5. Use at least FIVE (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
THE Assignment must follow these requirements: MUST HAVE INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION.
ALL OF THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST ORIGINAL APA CITED CORRECTLY.
PLAGARISIM FREE (MUST MEET A MINIMUM OF 15 IN SAFEASSIGN)
• Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper ENGLISH and writing mechanics.
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA GUIDELINE .
• The reference page IS not included in the required assignment page length.
The proper performance of operations and the general success of an organization depends on the quality and quantity of the human resource. Quality as an aspect includes efficacy in conducting tasks within the expected time frame in a desirable quality and minimum cost (Tesone, 2012). The quantity of the human resource is an attribute of resource availability. Operations within institutions in the hotel industry are dependent on availability and efficiency of the human resource. In this analysis, I choose to work with Choice International Hotel as depicted from the episodes of the series “Undercover Boss.” In this discussion, I focus on two job positions: housekeeping and maintenance jobs within the hotel. A job analysis for each post is conducted to attain real differences and define job description. The discussion also resonates with the view that the job description and job analysis performed at this moment complies with statutory and federal regulations.
Comparing Two Job Positions
The primary role of housekeeping is to carry out activities in the Housekeeping Department within the provisions of federal and state laws and regulation to ensure a clean, safe, hygienic and comfortable environment. Depending on the institution, the job of a housekeeper may include a broad range of activities. In hotels, the function of the housekeeper is very paramount. The latter is because clients seek comfort and safety as the primary elements of hotel service (Pizam, 2012). The lack of a clean, safe and comfortable environment will most definitely affect other operations and the general performance of the organization. Hence, an analysis and a description of the housekeeping job position are justifiable. Job analysis is the foundation of every recruitment, hiring, training and retention process. Through job analysis, activities of the position occupant are known, and other secondary practices like training and performance evaluation facilitated…