Synopsis of Learning
Learning Objective: Evaluate the content of this course.
This assignment is different than all previous assignments. The goal of the assignment is for you to reflect on what you have learned during the course and the relevance of the learning materials. This is an opinion paper, so do not tell us what you think we want to hear! This assignment will help us improve the course.
Consider each of the Course Learning Objectives listed below:
- Briefly discuss what you learned from the course.
- Do you feel that you achieved each course learning objective? Elaborate.
- Did the learning material and assignments prepare you to reach the objectives?
- Conclude with your recommend changes to the learning content, what you liked least about the course, and what you liked best about the course.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Identification of categorizations of information assets using risk assessment and risk analysis tools.
- Identification of vulnerabilities and threats associated with information assets.
- Implement policies, standards, procedures and guidelines to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of assets.
- Incorporate security and contingency planning.
- Develop a security program utilizing standard security management models and practices.
- Develop controls used to enforce confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Identify legal and ethical issues associated with the management of information assets.
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, 12-Point, Double- Space
- Citation Style: APA
- Length: 2–3 pages (plus a cover sheet)
These are list in the course.
Textbook : Whitman & Mattford, (2014). Management of Information Security, 4th ed. Boston: Cengage Learning.
WeekReadingTopic1Chapter 1, p. 1-15Introduction to Information Security Management2Chapter 1, p. 15-33Information Security Project Management3Chapter 2Planning for SecurityBreak4Chapter 3Planning for Contingencies5Chapter 4Information Security Policy6Chapter 5Developing a Security Program7Chapter 6
Chapter 7Security Management Models
Security Management Practices8Chapter 8Risk Management: Identifying and Assessing Risk9Chapter 9Risk Management: Controlling Risk10Chapter 10Protection Mechanisms11Chapter 11Personnel and Security12Chapter 12Law and Ethics