Help me study for my Marketing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
The four basic functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
For this assignment:
- Compare the application of each of the four functions of management in terms of how it might be different 25 years ago, based on the evolution of management theory.
- Select a manager and assess his or her planning strengths based on assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from academically credible resources.
- Assess that same manager’s planning weaknesses using the assigned reading concepts/theory. Research can also be supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from academically credible resources.
- Defend two or three recommendations for improving the manager’s performance in the functional area of planning based on the assessment of both strengths and weaknesses and the use of academically credible sources.
- Based on your research, write succinct discussions of each of these items.
- Present your work as a 2–3-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research. Cite any sources in APA format.