The City Manager has contacted you regardingthe following issues concerning various governmental departments and externalstakeholders:
- In the past year, citizen, department, andoutside stakeholder complaints have been filed against the Department of Healthadministrators. Such complaints cited unprofessional leadership, unethicalpractices, insufficient customer and patient care, poor fire and emergencyresponse time, and inability to implement change and resolve conflict within andamongst subordinates and staff. The Department of Health is composed of thefollowing agencies:
- Social Services,
- Fire and Emergency Management,and
- Human Services.
- The School Board has a collaborativerelationship with various government departments. In the last two (2) months,the School Board has charged department directors with failure to workcollaboratively with the School Board on its efforts to:
- Meet federal mandates regarding reformationof new policy issues that will impact the leadership of the Department ofRedevelopment and Housing, the State Department of Education, and the StateDepartment of Housing and Urban Development.
- Support the academic leadership of secondaryschool principals by providing specific student data from the Department ofJuvenile Relations, in an attempt to improve student retention and performancetoward increase graduation rates.
Note: You may create and / or makeall necessary assumptions needed for the completion of thisassignment.
Use the basic outline below to draft yourpaper. Organize your responses to each question (except Question 5) under thefollowing section headings:
- Public Leadership in a Health Environment(for Question 1)
- Public Leadership in an EducationalEnvironment (for Question 2)
- Public Leadership in Government Operations(for Question 3)
- Improving Public Leadership Styles (forQuestion 4)
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper inwhich you:
- Determine one (1) specific leadership theoryand two to three (2-3) public leader styles that would be most beneficial forthe Director of Public Health and related agencies in addressing the issues.Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Recommend one (1) specific leadership theoryand two (2) public leader styles that would be most beneficial for the SchoolBoard in addressing the issues presented. Provide a rationale for yourresponse.
- Determine the essential manner in which theleadership from the Department of Public Health, the School Board, and thevarious other government departments impacts the leadership of the CityManager’s and his or her ability to carry out government operations.
- Recommend two (2) strategies that a publicleader could use in order to overcome the weaknesses inherent in his / herleadership style(s).
- Include at least four (4) peer-reviewedreferences (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook.Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarlyarticles and governmental Websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any otherwebsites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academicresources.