Write a 5–7-page recruitment and selection plan based on best practices and approaches for either Java Corp. or an organization of your choice.
Attracting top talent that fits the organization is of considerable importance. The ability to recruit and select talented people is one of the foundational skills for any human resource (HR) professional and one that will be utilized throughout your career.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply human resource strategies to business needs.
- Outline a recruitment process to meet organizational objectives for the selected company.
- Competency 2: Analyze core functions of human resource management.
- Analyze the role of the recruiter.
- Explain an organization’s legal considerations for recruitment and selection functions.
- Competency 3: Analyze the strategic value of human resource management within a competitive global business environment.
- Analyze how to measure success of the chosen selection method for the selected company.
- Competency 4: Communicate effectively in a scholarly and professional manner.
- Write in a professional style using APA citations and format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
For this assessment, research the topics of recruitment and selection. Using one of the scenarios below, analyze best practices and approaches for these key HR functions. A minimum of three resources are required to support your work.
For this assessment, choose either option 1 or 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the Instructions below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.
You are the new HR manager for Java Corp, which specializes in cold coffee and iced tea. Java Corp. is small but quickly growing. There are 300 employees in the company and the organization has a history of a stable workforce with very limited turnover. Recently, the company gained over 200 employees and there are a number of supervisory and managerial positions that need to be filled. The CEO has asked you to work with her to fill positions based on an organizational structure she has just created.
New supervisors and managers are needed in IT (one), marketing (one), operations (two), and security (one). Each of these areas has seasoned internal employees eager to compete for jobs, though some may not be as qualified as external candidates. Develop a recruitment and selection plan that is best suited for this situation and make appropriate recommendations to the CEO.