I’m stuck on a Powerpoint question and need an explanation.
Review different available BI tools and choose one to investigate in detail.
- Create a PowerPoint Presentation summarizing the tool and include the following details:
- What is the purpose of the tool?
- What features does the tool have?
- What industries benefit most from this type of tool?
- What similar tools are available from competing BI solution provides?
As you do this assignment, consider the historical data visualization developed by Charles Minard describing Napoleon’s army march toward and eventual retreat from Moscow (Found in this week’s presentation).Use your imagination to develop your own data visualization that displays several dimensions with a single plot. (For example, color of data points can be used to categorize one dimension, while the size of the data point can represent a dimension related to magnitude.)The assignment scoring is based on the originality of the display, the number of dimensions displayed, and readability. The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.Examples of this type of multidimensional visualization can be found at
- Ted Talks – Data Visualization