I’m studying and need help with a Biology question to help me learn.
book used to answer those short answer questions is human physiology by Silverthorn 8th editin
1. Using at least one physiological example, explain the concept of homeostasis.
2. List the core concepts we discussed in class. How do these compare to the four themes of
physiology identified by your textbook author in chapter 1?
3. Explain and provide examples of specificity, competition and saturation in proteins.
4. Explain the fluid-mosaic model of the cell membrane.
5. Compare the four major categories of enzyme mediated reactions.
6. Explain the concepts of specificity, competition, and saturation as they relate to enzymes.
7. Compare osmolarity and tonicity.
8. Compare diffusion, facilitated diffusion and active transport.
9. Compare channel and carrier proteins. Why does the cell need both of these protein types?
10. Explain the concepts of specificity, competition, and saturation as they relate of carrier-mediated
11. Explain the concepts of specificity, competition, and saturation as they relate to cell signaling.
12. Compare the functions of three (3) primary and three (3) secondary active transporters.
13. Compare two forms of long-distance and three forms of local communication.
14. Compare the general sequence of events that follow lipophilic and lipophobic binding to
15. How does our understanding of cell-to-cell communication support our core concept that
physiology is a science?