Social Media and the Modern Impact of Informatics
Write an essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each number item. There should be three sections, one for each item number below, as well the introduction (heading is the title of the essay) and conclusion paragraphs. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) scholarly citations using APA citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Most people remember the story below that made national headlines. As most Americans have smart phones, tablets, and computers the utilization of social media is common place.
- Finley, T. (2017, Sept. 20).Navy hospital removes staffers for calling babies ‘mini Satan’s’ on social media. Parenting.
- If you were writing a hospital policy on smart phone and social media usage, what should be included in the policy?
- What potential ethical and legal liabilities are there for the hospital and employees in the case presented above?
- In 2007, Harvard University rescinded admission to 10 students after reviewing their social media post.
- Do you feel potential employers, current employers, and colleges have the right to access your social media post? Do you feel employers and universities should make decisions based on your post?
- Discuss the relationship between accreditation decisions, reimbursement, quality of care, informatics.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Study the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Review the Assignment Rubric and the specifications below to ensure that your response aligns with all assignment expectations.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling, and review the rubric.
The following specifications are required for this assignment:
- Length: 500 words per essay prompt/section (1500 total for this assignment)
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. All APA Papers should include an introduction and conclusion.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx)
- Filename: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the module number (for example, “RHall Module1.docx”)