This capstone course requires each student to construct a detailed and well-thought-out analysis of a business employing all the relevant strategic analysis tools studied in the course. This project will take the full term to complete. It is our sincere hope that you will find this project to be the most rewarding effort in
your educational career.
Phase 1 – Modules 1-3 (Outline for Strategic Management Case)
- Introduction of the company (limit to a maximum of three single-spaced pages).
- Description of the firm and its products
- Company history (brief history, critical events, competitors, leadership), including strategic elements of its history
- Vision and mission statement o Assessment of mission and vision
- External assessment o EFE and CPM with strategic implications
- Analysis of competitive position, opportunities, and threats Internal assessment
- IFE with strategic implications o
- Financial ratio analysis with key conclusions and implications for strategic choice o Overall analysis of internal capabilities and implications for your strategic decisions
Module 1: Select company (AMAZON) and secure instructor approval. Once approved, create plan outline, insert current mission and vision.
Module 2: Complete an EFE and CPM for your company (including analysis and conclusions) and insert in your working draft which you will hold until you submit Phase 1 during Module 3.
Module 3: Complete an IFE and calculate financial ratios (including analysis and conclusions) for your company and insert in your plan to submit at the end of Module 3.